A Commitment Letter Request form should be submitted whenever a more technical investigation is necessary to determine what requirements are necessary for the service. As part of the planning and permitting process for new residential or commercial construction within the Little Thompson Water District, the commitment letter is a requirement of the appropriate county planning authority letting them know that the District can commit to provide water service to a new construction or new development.
All requests for service are reviewed and approved by the District Engineer. Contact Amber Kauffman, District Engineer at 970-344-6318.
Tap fees cover the cost of establishing a new service or connection to the District’s distribution system and include costs associated with plant investment fees, installation fees, and raw water requirements:
1. Plant Investment Fee (PIF) – recovers costs associated with building treatment plant capacity, storage and transmission mains for the delivery of potable water to new customers.
2. Installation Fee – the cost of installing the service line, meter and meter pit to a new lot. Developers are required to install all water lines and services to each lot, including meter pits in subdivisions.
3. Raw Water Requirement – water rights dedicated to the District to provide the water needed to serve a new tap. Water rights are required to be dedicated for all new developments in the District. Individuals taps purchased may be allowed to pay a “cash-in-lieu” fee to satisfy the water right requirement. The District can accept Colorado-Big Thompson (C-BT), Windy Gap, Handy Ditch and Consolidated Home Supply Ditch water rights. Questions regarding water rights requirements may be directed to Nancy Koch, Water Resources Manager at (970-) 344-6388.(Refer to the table at the bottom of the page for water rights requirements.)
|Meter Size||Plant Investment Fee||(1)Installation Fee||(2) Cash-in-Lieu|
|(1) 5/8″ Urban|
(2) 5/8″ Urban
|(1) 5/8″ Standard|
(2) 5/8″ Standard
(1) If the service line and meter pit have already been installed by the developer, the installation fee is reduced to $365.
(2) If the water rights dedication has been made by the developer, the water rights dedication has been satisfied and there is no cash-in-lieu of water rights required. Not all lots are eligible to pay cash-in-lieu of dedicating water rights.
|Meter Size||District Supplied Materials||Developer Supplied Materials|
|1 1/2″||Developer must install||$1,825|
|2″||Developer must install||$2,920|
FOR THE PURCHASE OF WATER TAPS LOCATED WITHIN A MULTI-LOT SUBDIVISION DEVELOPED AFTER JANUARY 1, 2014, WATER RIGHTS MUST BE TRANSFERRED TO SATISFY THE RAW WATER REQUIREMENT OF THE WATER TAP FEE.
|Water Right||LTWD Credit|
AF Per Share
|Shares Per Tap||Shares Per Tap||Shares Per Tap|
|CIL of Water2||–||$11,100||$22,200||N/A|
AF = Acre-Fee
CIL = Cash-in-Lieu
1There is an additional water court contribution fee of $1,000 per acre-feet to cover the costs of taking the water rights through the water court change of use process.
2Individual lot customers may be allowed to pay cash-in-lieu of dedicating water rights per Section 1506.6 of the District’s Rules and Regulations.
|Acre Feet||0.23||0.35||0.70||1.10||1.80||3.50||5.60||Based on|
|*Home Supply||0.07||0.10||0.20||0.31||0.51||1.00||1.60||“ “|
*Shares Per Tap