Tips to prevent frozen pipes in your home…
Being prepared and informed may help you to avoid the messy and often expensive issue of frozen pipes.
- All gardening hoses should have been disconnected and covers installed on outside faucets. Water sprinkler systems should have been drained.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing.
- When the weather is very cold outside, let the cold water drip from the faucet served by exposed pipes. Running water through the pipe – even at a trickle – helps prevent pipes from freezing.
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature both during the day and at night, preferably 68 degrees or higher.
- If you will be going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set to a temperature no lower than 55 degrees and shut off the water supply valve to your washing machine.
- Identify the location of the main water valve and the valve on your water heater. (Learning the location of these valves may come in handy during an emergency.)
- Wrap pipes nearest exterior walls and in crawl spaces with pipe insulation or with heating tape.
- Keep the phone number of a plumber nearby.
Should you have a frozen pipe, shut off water at the main valve. If the break is in the hot water pipe, the valve on top of the water heater should be closed. Call your plumber.
If you are a new or prospective customer:
Do you want to know what’s happening at Little Thompson Water District?
Click here for the August 2014 Newsletter.
Budget and Financial Information
- Click here for the 2013 Audited Financials.
- Click here for the 2014 Supplemental Budget Notice.
- Click here for the 2014 Supplemental Budget.
- Click here for the 2015 Budget.
For Budget or Financial questions, contact the District Business Manager, Judy Dahl, by phone at 970-532-2096, x6305 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Just a Click Away” from Board Meeting Dates/Times, Minutes, and Agendas
Click here for the 2015 Board Notice of Meetings.
Click here for the latest Special Board Meeting notification.
Click here for the latest approved Special Board Meeting minutes.
Click here for the latest approved Board meeting minutes.
Click here for the latest Board Meeting agenda.